Since this mandate was birthed, I have been full of dreams.
With admirable achievements so far and a lot more to come, I am excited about the future of NNC. You have trusted me so far with the task of leading this body from an interim capacity to an Elected Executive President.
Riding on the founding document of NNC, stating its vision, mission, and objectives, I pledge to work with the executive team and all NNC members to make us the unifying point for all Nigerians and one of the most vibrant associations in Canada.
- We shall ensure mass social media presence with adequate branding and top choice availability via web searches
- Institute signature projects that will grow to be what we will be known for
- Organize job fairs/investment opportunities for Nigerian Professionals
- Work with notable organizations for volunteer and program/project opportunities.
- We shall also be involved in community activities, including our children’s schools.
- Produce skits for various messages ranging from migration and settlement to investing and diversification
- Celebrate our successes. We shall have an annual convention where we will have a good time while we plan the years.
- Rally the central based Nigerian associations in a bid to unify us for strength and greater impact
I plan to also work with willing governments to effect a strong social presence. The budget for festivals in Ontario for 2019 is $17 million, and the GTA got a lion’s share, with most community events being sponsored, the least of which was over $5,000. No Nigerian event has benefitted before and I intend to break that trend! I will take advantage of the Brampton Community Grant and others.
I ride on my experience from being part of the leadership of some outstanding organizations, like Rotary International where I am the Director of Youth Services, Toastmasters where I am the Vice President of Membership, United Ways where I am a Brand Ambassador and the City of Brampton where I am the Operations Coordinator for downtown Facilities Operations and Maintenance. I am also involved in my church where I am an Evangelist and head of the Men’s Fellowship. I am a family man, with a lovely wife, popularly called #MotherofNations.
Join me and be excited. Great times are ahead for NNC. We hosted a Real Estate program and online HR session almost without the formation and then we got Nigeria’s first Proclamation for June 12 and met with the Nigerian High Commissioner who couldn’t hide his excitement and optimism about our potentials. We are loaded, we are ready and we are mandated. Let’s get to work as a team.
My name is Engr. Uche George Okugo, convener of NGTA, a founding member of NNC.
God bless NNC, God bless Canada and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.